Sean begins the third generation in a family of pipers. One of the most experienced performers and instructors on the east coast, he also teaches Scottish snare, tenor, and bass drum, and writes drum scores for bands in Grades V and IV. Sean is available to perform at your event, or to instruct bands and individuals.
Points of interest
- Entertains primarily in Northern Virginia and Western PA
- Plays frequently for weddings, funerals, festivals, and other events
- Began performing professionally at 12
- Won his first major championship at 14
- Placed in professional competition in Scotland at 17
- At 17, led the first under-18 American band to achieve finalist status in the Novice division of the World Pipe Band Championships, Glasgow, Scotland
- Currently competes with Peel Regional Police Pipe Band, Grade 1 (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada).
- Currently teaching at Massanutten Military Academy
- One of the youngest people in the world to teach at the College of Piping, Glasgow, Scotland
- Instructor under the Bluebonnet School of Scottish Bagpiping and Drumming
- Teaches students around the world via Skype
- Takes students age seven and above.